Will writing service
Preparing a Will can be difficult and complex, but it's important and needs to be done correctly to ensure it reflects your wishes. A properly prepared Will makes things easier for your family and can also minimise tax payable by beneficiaries.
Why should I make a Will?
- Having a Will in place allows your loved ones to sort everything out much more easily after you die. Not having a Will can lead to a lengthy, drawn-out process, during which time your beneficiaries may not be able to draw any money from your estate
- Without a Will, there are certain rules which dictate how the money, property and possessions should be allocated, which may not be what you would want
- If you’re married, don’t assume your ‘other half’ will get everything. Other family members may have a claim
- If you’re not married but living as a couple, you may be treated as a single person and your surviving partner may get nothing at all
- If you’re single you might want your estate divided amongst friends, relatives and charities and in proportions you want
- If you’re a parent, you should consider who you would like to look after your children in the event of your death. A Will that nominates guardians is invaluable in such cases. If you haven’t expressed your wishes, the Court will decide on the future of your children and this may not be what you or your children would have wished
- It’s also worth bearing in mind that unmarried partners cannot inherit from each other unless there is a Will in place and any wishes for your children may not be carried out. It is also important that if you re-marry or circumstances change, you change your Will accordingly
- The Society of Will Writers advises reviewing your Will every 3-5 years to take into account changes in circumstances
Having a Will can ensure there are no arguments and disputes at a time when your family should be grieving and dealing with the loss of a loved one.
How much does it cost?
Our price list is available to download below. The cost is very reasonable, and our professional Will Writer will visit you at home if necessary. We can also carry out the initial consultation over the phone or via video chat. There is no charge for the consultation, only for the drafting.
Why choose Age Cymru?
You can trust Age Cymru to provide a quality service and ensure your wishes are communicated with empathy and sensitivity.
Our Later Life Planning Officers are fully trained and accredited in will writing and estate planning by The College of Will Writing. They hold the Society of Will Writers’ Wills and Estate Planning Certificate and are professional members of the Society of Will Writers.
Contact the Later Life Planning Team for more information.
Luan Roberts: 07772 697 097
Sally Prosser: 07772 461 585
The service is fantastic. The staff are really friendly, professional and easy to talk to. They were very reassuring and do everything for you.