- Information and advice on starting or maintaining a group or organisation – issues such as funding opportunities, quality systems and best practice and practical help in resolving problems
- Signposting to other organisations offering infrastructure support (For a full list of CVS’ and Volunteer Centres please see 3D website link below)
- Mentoring and guidance to support groups during periods of change or crisis
- Specialist support to general groups who want to provide services to older people
Age UK Derby and Derbyshire services can also support groups and enable access to our services. For example The Information Roadshow enables smaller groups to access offers a valuable, free service to groups and clubs.
Trustee Recruitment Toolkit - contact us to request
Equality and Diversity Toolkit - download
We can also help with practical problems in a number of ways. We can help by supporting you with promotion and publicity, use of equipment and lending equipment. Some equipment can be expensive and if you only need it occasionally does not make sense to purchase for yourself.
Publicity and promotion:
- Display boards in blue and red*
- Local publicity in newsletters and at events
- Powerpoint displays in Derby office window
- Display of materials on Information Roadshow events in your area.
*slot together velour covered boards in a large carry bag
- Gazebo for those outdoor events*
- Projector screen
- Flipchart easel
*white, pop-up gazebo with four sides including two window panels and two zip-up doorways, comes in a wheeled carry case
Use of administrative equipment:
- Spiral binding machine
(if we can find volunteer workers to help, and are given notice well in advance we can do the work for you for the cost of materials only)
We can also help source equipment, find second-hand items or unite a donor with a group. Let us know what you are looking for and we will do our best.
For example our charity shops have a large selection of board games, jigsaws, card games, china and glassware, kitchen utensils, books, knitting wool etc. If you have a project that needs supplies then we may be able to help for free or at very low cost.
As part of its partnership work Age UK Derby & Derbyshire participates in groups and structures which aim to develop a thriving community and voluntary sector.
Age UK Derby and Derbyshire is a member of the Network of Specialist Infrastructure Organisations (NSIO) which forms part of 3D, the Derbyshire Infrastructure Consortium. We work with other infrastructure organisations to support groups and organisations to meet the changing needs of their communities and to achieve their full potential.
Visit the 3D website
Age UK and Age Concern Groups
Age UK Derby & Derbyshire offers specialist support for older people’s groups. In addition and as part of its participation in Age Concern the federation Age UK Derby & Derbyshire offers infrastructure support to Age Concern Groups within its area of remit. This involves offering 1:1 support with issues such as governance, sustainability, legal and HR matters, funding and service development.
To develop best practice Age UK Derby & Derbyshire facilitates a County Forum of Age Concern Groups in Derbyshire. Age UK Derby & Derbyshire offers topical news and information to the Forum in a regular newsletter between its quarterly meetings.