Age UK Devon's Come to Tea training is for care home staff and volunteers to develop different ways of delivering activity sessions for their residents, be it small parties in a resident’s room, or a trip to the local cafe or park.
The training covers:
- what ‘activity’ in a care home means
- understanding how to motivate residents
- understanding other people’s roles in group activities
- developing new social and communication skills
- non-contact mobilising, moving and handling
- basic facts about nutrition and hydration.
The course is delivered at the care home over two half days, separated into different modules and sessions, to suit the business needs. The number of participants is determined by the size of the training room.
"I found the training really interesting, especially the advice regarding volunteering."