Age UK East Grinstead & District currently runs as its own website (which is part of the AUK National website) and is looking for a volunteer to oversee and coordinate this work, including:
- Gather information to keep the website up-to-date using local and national media, Age UK campaigns and publicity and local statistics, developments and news.
- Work with staff, trustees and volunteers to ensure the website raises awareness of the organisation’s work.
- Use the website as a tool to tell the organisation’s story and raise awareness of need.
- Use the website as a tool to raise awareness of older people’s issues, using member profiles.
- Use the website as a fundraising tool.
- Review website on a regular basis to ensure content is appropriate and accurate.
Any volunteer undertaking this role will receive guidance and support but we are looking for someone who can be proactive in this role.
Experience of website construction and development, the ability to develop this knowledge and a willingness to learn.
Ability to gather information from a variety of sources.
Liking for and empathy with older people.
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Health and Safety
Abide by all AUKEG&D Health and Safety procedures.
Wear appropriate protective clothing at all times.
Adhere to AUKEG&D policies including Confidentiality Policy and Volunteer Agreement.
Attend training as required, eg. Induction, Fire Safety.
Hours and Location
Hours are flexible and this role can be home based however some contact with the office will be required.
Disclosure & Barring Service
This role is not subject to DBS check