We are proud to have achieved the Organisational Quality Standards for local Age UKs in England.
Our achievement of the Organisational Quality Standards recognises the high standard of our performance as an organisation. It certifies that we are a well-governed and effective organisation committed to the wellbeing of older people, our staff and volunteers and to working in partnership with others. The Standards are externally assessed by industry leaders SGS and endorsed by the Charity Commission.
To find out more about our Organisational Quality Standards certification, please contact us.
Assessed by SGS United Kingdom Limited
Our achievement of the ISO 9001 Quality Standard recognises the high standard of our internal quality systems as an organisation.
It shows that we are a well-governed and structured organisation which values the long-term involvement of our clients, our staff and volunteers and has effective systems in place to monitor and control our working practices.
The Standards are externally assessed by indepedent auditiors.
Our achievement of the Investing in Volunteers Quality Standard demonstrates our commitment to volunteering and effective volunteer management.
It shows our volunteers, and potential volunteers, how much they are valued and gives them confidence in our ability to provide an outstanding volunteer experience.
The Standards are externally assessed by independent auditors.
As members of the Two Ticks Scheme, we agree:
- to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and consider them on their abilities
- to ensure there is a mechanism in place to discuss, at any time, but at least once a year, with disabled employees what can be done to make sure they can develop and use their abilities
- to make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- to take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- each year to review the five commitments and what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans
Our commitment to the scheme is externally monitored by The Jobcentre Plus.