Based: Lewes, Uckfield and surrounding areas
Salary: £8.21 per hour plus 12.07% holiday allowance
Hours: Flexible - Bank
- Passionate about supporting older people to remain independent in their own homes?
- Great at organising and multi-tasking?
- Ability to work flexibly throughout the year
Do you have:
- A genuine positive ‘can-do’ attitude
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact with a range of people
- Experience of undertaking household tasks
We are looking for workers to be part of our dynamic team, providing a Home Support Service in Lewes, Uckfield and surrounding areas for Age UK East Sussex.
- DBS paid if you stay longer than 12 weeks
- Travel paid at 45p per mile from the end of your first appointment to the start of your last
- Paid at full hourly rate when travelling from your first to your last appointment
- Minimum one hour appointments with clients
In this role you will be at the centre of your community, undertaking household work and other supportive tasks, such as shopping and prescription collection, allowing older people to live a high quality, independent life. You will also be someone who enjoys interacting with others and is able to provide a listening ear, companionship, warmth and understanding.
You will build your client list as your experience grows and to suit your needs. Many of our workers work full weeks, many choose to work a few days a week. We are looking for people to provide a regular service for our clients, most of which will be weekly but sometimes fortnightly. Many clients will want support once a week but some will want one, two or three visits each week.
Each visit typically lasts for between 1 and 2 hours - we do not do 15 minute calls. You’ll be expected to travel to client’s homes, so a full valid UK driving license and access to a car is essential. Ideally you will have a home help background but this is not essential as full training at our Hastings office will be provided. This is a bank contract paid on an ‘as and when required’ basis but we are looking for people wanting to work regular hours with the same clients each week for as many days that suit you.
Applying is just the start of your journey – when you get out and about in your community helping people live independently is when our staff tell us they get the most job satisfaction.
You can contact the Recruitment Team on 01273 476704 ext 612 or email us on email@example.com
Please note: Unfortunately we are unable to accept CV’s in lieu of application forms