Update On Service - Age UK East Sussex regrets to announce the closure of our day clubs in Newhaven and Peacehaven on 31st January 2020. Our thanks to all our staff, volunteers and clients who have helped make our centres a safe, enjoyable and supportive environment. Alternative day centre services in your area can be found at ESCIS (East Sussex Community Information Service) online community directory managed by East Sussex Library and Information Service - https://www.escis.org.uk
Day Clubs aim to reduce social isolation, improve older people's physical health and psychological well-being, promote independence and confidence and support people to live in their own homes for as long as they wish.
What does the service offer?
- The opportunity to meet other people and form friendships
- Regular contact
- Information and advice
- Support for carers and time to get out and about
- A range and choice of activities
What does the service provide?
- A freshly cooked midday meal
- Quizzes and games
- Discussions and debates
- Therapeutic activities
- Outings and friendly conversations
- A person centred approach to the provision of services
For More Information