Update on Service - please note that, following a review of our services, from 31st January 2020 Age UK East Sussex will deliver a venue based, nail cutting service in the Bexhill, Battle, St Leonards, Hastings and Rye areas only. If you would like to make a referral for these locations, please complete the online application form below or call us on 01273 476704.
Some people find that cutting their own toenails and other aspects of foot care prove to be a challenging task. This can be for a number of reasons including limited vision, unable to hold nail clippers or reach their toes due to arthritis, or sometimes simply not being as supple as they once were. A lack of attention to foot care and foot hygiene can create significant problems including pain, infections, reduced mobility and an increased risk of falls.
What does the service offer?
Our Foot Care service provides care for all but the most serious levels of need, from basic toenail cutting through to more complex issues which are attended to by our qualified podiatrists
Who can use the service?
The Basic Foot Care service is available to:
- People who are aged 50+ who live in East Sussex and are in reasonable health
- People who are under 50 who have a disability which means that they cannot attend to their own foot care
The Enhanced Service is carried out by HCPC registered podiatrists and is suitable for people who have more complex needs including those:
- With diabetes whose foot is classified as low risk
- Certain medications will be assessed on a case by case basis such as Warfarin and certain steroids
- Who require corn or callus removal
- With other conditions which need to be provided by a Health and Care Professions Council Registered Podiatrist/Chiropodist
Is there a cost?
Yes. Prices are detailed below:
- Standard nail cutting - £15
- Finger nail cutting (only with another service) - £2.50
- Nail kit (first session only) - £13.00
How do I access the service?
We accept referrals from the person who would like to receive foot care or from third parties such as friends, relatives, G.P.s, and District Nurses.
Contact the service by telephone on 01273 476704 , by email at email@example.com or by completing the Foot Care Application Form below:
Foot Care Application form
To refer yourself or on someone else's behalf please download and complete the application form here.
For More Information