A reliable trustworthy and friendly service that can help you or your loved ones to live independently at home.
About this service
When some of the usual chores and everyday tasks start to become more difficult, we could all do with a little help. Our Home Support service allows you or your loved ones to remain independent at home by providing practical help with a range of tasks.
What does the service offer?
- General cleaning such as vacuuming carpets, dusting, cleaning bathrooms and kitchens and changing bedding
- Cleaning cupboards and interior windows
- Companionship – if you would like someone to accompany you to appointments or just sit with you and enjoy a chat over a cup of tea
- Snack preparation
- Collecting prescriptions
- Laundry and ironing
- Dog walking
We do not deliver any personal care such as helping to get dressed, going to the toilet or assisting with medication.
How the service works
We will carry out a free home visit to discuss your needs and together agree a tailored work plan. We will then introduce you to a carefully selected Home Support worker.
Our Home Support workers
- Are employed by Age UK East Sussex; we do not use agency staff
- Carry a photo ID card
- Have been police checked
- Are fully insured
- Receive ongoing training to ensure their work is of the highest standard
The service operates between 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday, from Hastings to Eastbourne and the surrounding areas.
Is there a cost?
The cost for the service is £15.50 per hour
For more information