Tailored to meet individual needs and aims to increase the confidence and independence of older people after they have been in hospital.
About the service
The service is for older people or their friends and relatives who are concerned about how they will cope at home when leaving hospital
How our volunteers can help?
- Visit older people at home for between 4 to 6 weeks
- Bed making and light housework
- Collect prescriptions and shopping
- Prepare light snacks
- Provide information and help to obtain other services or equipment needed
- Make introductions to clubs and other organisations
Who can use the service?
- Anyone over 55 years of age
- Live in Hastings, St. Leonards, Rother, Bexhill, Lewes, Wealden or the Havens
- About to leave hospital or recently discharged
- Living alone, with a carer, or with someone who is physically unable to help
Accessing the service
Referrals can be made by the older person themselves or alternatively a ward nurse, social worker, GP, friend or relative on their behalf.
The service is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, excluding bank holidays.
For More Information