Volunteer on the Consumer Sounding Board pilot
The Consumer Sounding Board will shape the way Age UK provides products and services tailored to people aged 50 and over, and we want you to be part of it.
We're looking for people in mid to later life who are interested in helping Age UK lead the way in:
- providing everyday products and home adaptations that help older people live independently
- shaping financial services tailored to older people, such as home, car and travel insurance
- giving older people the best possible customer experience when visiting Age UK's charity shops or however else they choose to shop with us
As part of the Consumer Sounding Board you'll need to understand Age UK's need to raise money via financial services, independent living products and charity shop sales.
You'll inform social enterprise decision-making on strategy, products and service developments and Age UK charity shop operations. You'll also contribute to the review of the pilot and share your views on being involved.
At Age UK we recognise the importance of promoting equality, valuing diversity and creating an inclusive environment for everyone. We want the sounding board to reflect:
- people in mid to later life
- a mixture of life experiences
- different backgrounds
- various communities
- people in later life who require products, including home adaptations, that enable independent living
- those who help people in later life make personal choices about independent living products and/or home adaptations