Companionship and creativity
Ageing Well is a social group who are always looking to get involved in new things and definitely enjoy a challenge. Meeting weekly and with no set agenda, members have opportunities to try something different whilst socialising with like-minded people.
Activities are often community-focussed and aim to beneﬁt others, providing a strong purpose for activities and offering members the chance to develop conﬁdence, try new things and fulﬁl their potential, whatever their age.
Here’s a ﬂavour of just some of the activities Ageing Well have been involved with:
- With funding from Gloucestershire Office of the Police & Crime Commissioner and working with local actor John Bassett (of theatre company, Spaniel in the Works), devised, wrote and performed a play about older people falling victim to scammers. Ageing Well have performed the play at locations across the county
- Learning to juggle and trying out morris dancing at Gloucester Cathedral
- Participating in Age UK research projects about ageing
- Fundraising at Cheltenham Everyman Theatre during performances of the David Walliams play, Gangsta Granny
- Busting some myths about ageing to a group of children from a local school
- Arranging and hosting a tea party at the Age UK Gloucestershire office to celebrate the birthday of Prince Charles
- Visting a local exhibition to mark 70 years of the NHS
Meetings generally take place at our Age UK Gloucestershire office but the Group often find themselves out and about at different venues to accommodate particular activities
If you would like companionship in a creative environment, come along to an Ageing Well meeting. New members are always welcome.
For more information
Tel: 01452 422660. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org