Advice and information to help you navigate later life, live independently at home and connect to your community
If you’re approaching 60 or older and facing a change in your circumstances, it can be hard to know where to turn. This could be coping with the loss of a partner, best friend or companion, being diagnosed with an illness, or other things which are making life hard for you. Our FREE Gloucester Life Changes Service can provide a helping hand to ensure, when you’re ready, you can move forward feeling stronger and more confident.
Join in with our social activities and:
- Try something new, or pursue an existing hobby
- Get involved with people of all ages
- Feel part of something
- Have space to talk with others in similar situations, providing mutual support Learn a new skill or share your own, such as music, cooking, IT or knitting
If there are activities near you, but you’re hesitant about going along, a Life Changes volunteer can go with you until you feel more confident.
Gloucester Life Changes offers practical support, such as:
- Help to apply for any financial benefits you may be entitled to
- Guidance and advice about services to help you live a safe and comfortable independent life
- Where necessary, on-to-one support
If you feel you need a helping hand when life is changing for you, contact us and we will help you take those first steps.
Our weekly Springboard Groups take place in various locations across the city and are a great place to socialise and meet new people in a welcoming environment. You can access the Springboard Groups through our Gloucester Life Changes project.
For more information:
Tel: Gloucester Life Changes Project Manager, Stephen Moore 01452 422660 Email email@example.com
Gloucester Life Changes is a Lottery funded project delivered in partnership with Cruse Bereavement Care and British Red Cross