Living well at home with dementia
Receiving a diagnosis of dementia can be a bewildering experience which may create uncertainty around what the future holds. However, with the right information, advice and support, many people can continue to live well and independently at home.
The Age UK Gloucestershire Dementia Project sits alongside already established countywide dementia services and provides support to people who have been recently diagnosed with dementia, or are living with mild to moderate dementia. People aged 65 or over, living within or around the Gloucester and Cheltenham areas can receive support through the Dementia Project, including the carers of people with dementia. Our team encourage you to explore ways in which you can help yourself to remain as independent as possible in your own home.
A member of our Dementia Project Team will work with you for around a month to:
- Establish the help you need to remain living as independently as possible
- Explore your own personal strengths and guide you on how maximising these, can help you to live well
- Connect you with social activities and services within your local community
- Help you apply for any financial benefits you may be entitled to
- Signpost you to other services that can provide support.
Our Dementia Project can enable you to move forward independently with confidence and resilience following your diagnosis.
For more information
Tel: 01452 422660 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this Project will initially run until December 2019 and will be subject to a formal and external evaluation