We Are Open
We are really pleased to let you know that life at our Greyhound Road Activity Centre has largely returned to normal. All of our classes have now returned (along with some new welcome additions) and our lunch service is back on track.
Please don't worry if you are still feeling anxious about coming into the Centre, it's entirely understandable. Although the rules have now relaxed, we are continuing to take steps to ensure the safety of our members and keep the Centre as a welcoming space for you to visit.
To receive regular updates on our services and any new Covid measures (should they come back into effect), you can sign up to our Newsletter.
What will happen when I arrive?
If you are not well, we kindly ask that you don't attend the Centre. On arrival, we will take your temperature via a digital thermometer, just to make sure one of the key early covid symptoms hasn't been missed.
As long as your temperature is not raised, you will be able to come into the Centre. If it is raised, we will ask you to return home.
If the reception area is busy you may be asked to wait outside.
What is running?
- The Centre is open as usual Mon-Fri: 10 am - 4 pm
- All of our classes are now back on. The full schedule of classes can be found here - Activities and classes.
- Telephone and face-to-face appointments are back on, with more information found here - Information & Advice.
- Our Digital Champions are back to being able to provide 1-2-1 digital support in person and over the phone. The sessions are 30-minutes long and led by one of our trained volunteers. We can also help older people find a suitable internet provider and avoid getting stung by salespeople with broadband packages they don't need. More information can be found here -Digital Skills. For those who are unable to come to the Centre, a video link session over zoom can be set up upon request. To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 020 7386 9085.
Do I need a face covering?
Face coverings are no longer mandatory. However, we would like to remind everyone that some of our guests are still very vulnerable and being vaccinated does not mean you can't catch and pass on COVID 19. We therefore request you wear one out of courtesy to those who may not be able to be vaccinated.
Changes in Routine to Keep Everyone Safe
We have made some essential changes to the way we operate. We are asking everyone visiting the Centre to help keep the risk of spreading coronavirus to a minimum by:
- Keeping a 2m distance whenever possible to protect those who may not be able to have the vaccine.
- Encouraging our members to wash their hands on a regular basis.
- Providing hand sanitiser to all throughout the building.
- Opening the toilets. We request that members wash their hands before using the toilet and again afterwards. After leaving the toilet area, we request members also use hand-sanitiser (in addition to hand washing).
- Closing the kitchen area with the exception of staff and volunteers.
- Requesting that our members wear a mask or face covering when not eating.