We are delighted to announce that our Activity Centre on Greyhound Road is now open.
We are once again serving lunch and will soon resume classes. Please keep an eye on our service updates as more of our regular services resume.
We understand that some of you may naturally have worries or concerns about what to expect and may feel less than confident to attend. We hope the following information will help to answer your questions about the steps we are taking to keep everyone safe and well from Covid 19.
The Centre has had a thorough and Deep-Clean thanks to the help of the team at GreenZone Clean and you can be assured that we are ready for your arrival.
What Will Happen When I Arrive?
On arrival, everyone will have a simple forehead temperature to make sure that they aren’t starting to develop symptoms of which they are not yet aware. We will also take your contact details. In the case that someone contracts COVID 19 at the centre you will be informed.
If your temperature is above 37.8C, you will not be able to come into the Centre and will need to return home and seek medical attention.
If the reception area is busy you may be asked to wait outside.
We recommend that you book in advance to ensure your place as spaces are limited due to social distancing guidelines.
What Will Be Running?
The Centre will be open as usual Mon-Fri: 10am-4pm
Activities and classes: There will be a mixture of face-to-face and online activities. It is essential to call and book in advance by calling 0207 386 9085 to ensure your place.
Information & Advice: Telephone and/or face-to-face appointments will be carried out. Please phone ahead to book your place 0207 386 9085.
Changes in Routine to Keep Everyone Safe
We have made some essential changes. We ask everyone visiting the Centre to help keep the risk of spreading coronavirus to a minimum by:
- Social distancing of at least one metre will be maintained.
- Everyone who comes inside the Centre - staff, volunteers and clients - will need to wear a face shield or face mask at all times, except when they are eating or exercising.
- Hand washing will be encouraged on a regular basis.
- Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the building.
- Toilets will be open. We request that you wash your hands before using the toilet and again afterwards. After leaving the toilet area, please also use hand-sanitiser (in addition to hand washing).
- Self-service teas and coffees will be available. Please take care when taking your spoons and sachets not to handle more than you require to avoid potential contamination. Water will be available.
- Please pay attention to the signs posted for your safety throughout the centre.
We thank everyone for your patience and understanding as we take these cautious steps towards re-opening and look forward to welcoming you back to Greyhound Road.
If you have any worries or concerns about coming back to the Activity Centre, please contact us on 0207 386 9085 to speak about this.