Community Connect Coordinator
Published on 13 October 2021 08:00 AM
Salary: £24,000 pa
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing date for receipt of applications: Wednesday 27th October 2021
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 1st November 2021
Are you eager to support older people to live well and enjoy life more? Working with Age UK HHB's Befriending services as well as a team of volunteers, the focus will be on setting and achieving specific goals for the individual and encouraging the older person to be an active participant in the relationship.
We are recruiting an experienced Coordinator to lead a flexible and responsive one-to-one, person-centred service to individuals at risk of, or experiencing, loneliness and social isolation. The aim of the Community Connect service is to support people living alone to connect with and engage in community-based activities that will impact their social wellbeing.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Undertaking person-centred assessments, and reviews, utilising a range of tools, assessment and outcome frameworks.
- Providing time-limited interventions, which combat loneliness and reduce social isolation and support individuals to be connected to communities and place.
- Recruiting, training, supporting and leading a team of volunteers, ensuring that the delivery of services meets the required standards and targets.
- Liaising and working with a wide range of other health and social care professionals and agencies to promote awareness of the service.
- The ability to travel and navigate independently and to work efficiently.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of the needs and issues affecting the independence of older people.
- (See job description & person specification below for a comprehensive overview of all role requirements)
Please send your completed application and equality & diversity forms to email@example.com
If you have any questions about the role, or for an informal discussion with the recruiting manager please send an enquiry to Liz Tack at ETack@ageukhhb.org.uk or call 07841 800746
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities.