Age UK Isle of Wight pledges continued support with jobs around the home, despite loss of IW Council funding
Age UK Isle of Wight’s Handyperson Service has been helping island residents to live independently in their own homes for more than 5 years, by providing free labour for small jobs around the home.
Unfortunately, from 31st March 2018, Isle of Wight Council funding for this service is being removed; however, recognising the ongoing need for this vital service, the local charity has vowed to continue to provide an outstanding service, at a reasonable price for island residents.
This loss of funding means that, as of 1st April 2018, all handy person services supplied by Age UK Isle of Wight will be charged for under their Home Safe Service, which aims to help residents with a range of jobs inside and outside the home, including:
- Advice on home safety adaptations
- Installing grab rails and other adaptations, (internal & external)
- Fitting doorbells and external key safes
- Installing smoke alarms
- Fitting locks and security chains
- Fitting plug sockets & light fixtures (and other minor electrical jobs)
- Power washing paths, patios and driveways
- Building steps and ramps
- Moving and assembling furniture, units, flat-packs, etc.
- Fence and gate repairs
- Hanging shelving, picture frames, mirrors, blinds & curtain rails
- Minor carpentry and plumbing work
- Low-level guttering maintenance and clearing
- General household repairs
Jobs through the charity’s Home Safe Service are carried out by experienced technicians, all of whom are employed by Age UK Isle of Wight, are reliable and trustworthy, and have full DBS checks and insurance.
As well as the peace of mind that residents will get from utilising trusted tradespeople, those using the Home Safe Service will be supporting a vital local charity; any profits from the Home Safe Service go directly towards helping to provide Age UK Isle of Wight’s free, charitable services.
The Home Safe Service is available to all adults over 18, living on the Isle of Wight.
To learn more about Age UK Isle of Wight’s Home Safe Service, contact them by calling (01983) 525282, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting Home Safe Service.