Are you looking for a new challenge and willing to contribute your time and life experience to your community? Enjoy working in a team with others to make a difference? Interested in learning what Trustees do and how you could join us?
About Age UK Isle of Wight
Established in 1973, Age UK Isle of Wight is a vibrant, friendly and influential charity held in high regard by the communities it serves and local Health and Social Care decision-makers. We deliver services across the Island to encourage and assist older people keep healthy, remain independent, improve their quality of life and feel socially included. Age UKIW is a brand partner of Age UK but is a registered local independent charity and money raised is spent locally.
What do Trustees do?
We are seeking several Charity Trustees to strengthen our Board of Trustees. There are no professional qualifications required. Just be willing to add your voice and experience to support the Age UKIW management team plan and deliver their charitable purpose on a financially sound and sustainable basis. It is Trustees who approve the strategic direction and priorities of the charity, monitor risk and ensure legislative compliance.
What are we looking for in new Trustees?
- A desire to improve the lives of older people
- IT knowledge and skills or business expertise or
- A background in Health, Social Care or the voluntary sector, or being a carer yourself
- If you are already a volunteer for Age UKIW, we would be pleased to hear from you
- Prepared to attend up to eight meetings/events each year - (we will try to be flexible around your availability)
- Commit to an initial appointment of three years (the maximum is nine years)
- Perform the role without remuneration but Trustees can claim reasonable expenses
- Act as a Link Trustee for part of the organisation liaising with senior team members
- Ideally you either live or work on the Island and are familiar with its way of life
How to apply to be a Trustee
For more information or an informal discussion, please contact: Amy Gallop, Executive Assistant at Age UKIW on (01983) 301352 or email@example.com