Could you be a Trustee?
Published on 11 May 2022 04:30 PM
Are you looking for a new challenge and willing to contribute your time and life experience to your community?
Age UK Isle of Wight deliver services across the Island to encourage and assist older people keep healthy, remain independent, improve their quality of life and feel socially included.
Due to the retirement of a number our Trustees we are seeking several people to join us from a variety of backgrounds, to strengthen our Board, and possibly one to undertake the role of Chairman from November. Professional qualifications aren’t important, and you should just be willing to support the Age UKIW management team plan and deliver their charitable purpose. Trustees approve the strategic direction and priorities of the charity, monitor risk and ensure legislative compliance. New Trustees will be supported in their new roles through a comprehensive induction programme and with peer support to enable them to become effective members of the team of Trustees.
What are we looking for in new Trustees?
- A desire to improve the lives of older people
- To contribute one or more of the specific skills and experience identified within the AUKIW Trustee Board Specification (detailed on page 5 of the application pack)
- The ability to attend up to eight meetings/events each year (we will try to be flexible around your availability)
- Willingness to commit to an initial appointment of three years
- To perform the role without remuneration (however, Trustees can claim reasonable expenses in accordance with our expenses policy)
- To ideally live or work on the Island and be familiar with its way of life
Applications can be accessed below via the pink button, for any additional information, please contact Amy Gallop via email email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications is Friday 10th June 2022
Download Our Application Pack
Click the Pink Button to access our Application pack.