- Living Well Information & Advice Officer, Ref: LWIAO14
- Hours: 35 per week (full time)
- Salary: £18,000 per annum
- Contract: Fixed-term for up to one year to cover a period of maternity leave
About the role
Age UK Isle of Wight provides information and advice services and support to around 12,000 older Islanders each year. Our front facing service is based in County Hall, as one of the Isle Help partners.
We are looking for someone with experience of providing information and advice who is comfortable working with older people and people, sometimes in distress. You'll need to be highly organised, be able to work on your own initiative and able to communicate with and have empathy for a variety of people.
Primary responsibilities will be to:
- represent Age UK Isle of Wight as part of the Isle Help partnership, based mainly in County Hall
- support older people, their carers and families in our community with information and advice
- triage a variety of inbound enquiries and co-ordinate onward referrals
- provide impartial information and advice to cover a wide range of topics including benefit checks, housing enquiries, hospital discharge and social care arrangements etc. to maintain independence and support as required in later life.
Skills and attributes for this post are:
- good people skills with a friendly approachable style and ability to generate trust and form positive relationships
- ability to work as part of a team to achieve excellent service delivery and required outcomes
- experience of delivering an excellent standard of information and advice.
How to apply
Age UK Isle of Wight would like to hear from you if you have the right skillset. Please click the link below to view the full job description and to apply online.
Closing date: Monday 26th August 2019
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or phone Recruitment on (01983) 301316
N.B. This role is a re-advertisement of vacancy LWIAO13, which closed on 2nd August 2019; previous applicants need not apply.
Age UK Isle of Wight is an equal opportunities employer.