Friendly and inclusive groups bringing together people who have memory loss.
Community Memory Groups are welcoming, inclusive and open to anyone with memory problems, including a diagnosis of dementia.
Activities at the groups include:
- Offering Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (working the mind)
- Social and Reminiscence activities including discussions, word, board & card games, art activities and much more designed to stimulate the mind
- Groups run weekly in locations across the Island from 10am to 3pm (lunch available)
- Offers respite time for carers
Where are the groups?
We currently have five groups:
- Monday in Cowes and Newport
- Tuesday in Lake
- Wednesday in Brading
- Thursday in Ryde
This is a charged for service with all proceeds supporting Age UK Isle of Wight's charitable services
The cost of each group session is £25.50 for the day, which runs from 10 am to 3 pm. Attendance for half the session is £14.00. Lunch can be provided at £5 or attendees are welcome to bring their own packed lunch.