Informal and friendly community based drop-in sessions, offering digital support to those aged 50 and over.
Basic digital support and advice led by volunteers, in a friendly, informal environment. Pop in with your device or your technology questions and have a cuppa while you learn. This is a FREE service, although donations are welcomed.
Drop-in locations and times:
RYDE - Ryde Library, George Street
- 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month, from 10:30 - 12:00
BRADING - Brading Centre, forecourt of Brading Primary School, West Street
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday, from 10:00 - 11:30
SHANKLIN - Shanklin Library, Victoria Avenue
- 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month from 14:30 – 16:00
NEWPORT - Lord Louis Library, Orchard Street
- 3rd Wednesday of the month, from 10:30 - 12:00
- 3rd Friday of the month, from 14:30 - 16:00
FRESHWATER - Our Place Cafe, West Wight Sports Centre, Moa Place
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month, from 10:00 - 12.30
Silver Surfers – Seaview – Seagrove Recreation Ground, Seagrove Farm Road
- Bi-weekly on a Tuesday from 14:00 – 16:00.
- Cost - £2 per Session. Call Nigel on (01983) 566357 for more details.
- *Please note this drop-in is supported by Age UKIW’
To enquire about the Digital Inclusion Project
Call our friendly Digital Inclusion IT Tutors on (01983) 525282, email us or fill out the simple form below.
This project is part of the Age Friendly Island partnership. Age Friendly Island is part of Ageing Better, a programme set up by The National Lottery Community Fund, the largest funder of community activity in the UK. Ageing Better aims to develop creative ways for older people to be actively involved in their local communities, helping to combat social isolation and loneliness. It is one of five major programmes set up by The National Lottery Community Fund to test and learn from new approaches to designing services which aim to make people’s lives healthier and happier.