Age UK Isle of Wight is welcoming the new NHS Covis-19 app as a step forward towards ending the isolation of our older residents.
NHS COVID-19 app: Your guide on how to download the NHS COVID-19 app to both Apple and Android devices:
1. Type www.covid19.nhs.uk into the browser on your phone. This will take you to the official Isle of Wight NHS COVID-19 app webpage.
2. Select either Apple App Store or Google Play Store depending on the kind of phone you have.
3. You will be taken out of your browser and into your phone’s app store.
4. The app can only be found by clicking the link: you may not be able to search for the app in the app store.
5. In your app store, choose to install the NHS COVID-19 app.
6. Once the app is downloaded, open it and follow the instructions within the app.
7. If in the future, if you become unwell with a high temperature or a new, continuous cough, you should open the app and enter your symptoms. The app will tell you how to arrange a swab test for Coronavirus and the NHS will send an anonymous message to other app users you’ve been near, advising them what to do.