Learning Disability Support Officers provide a wide range of help for people with learning disabilities and autism to access new opportunities and build social networks.
This service is open to people eligible for Adult Social Care Support and can offer:
- Housing support and exploring options
- Support with understanding what ‘living independently’ means to the person
- Working alongside the persons support network, ensuring they have the right practical support.
- Support with accessing new opportunities and building social networks
- Help with form filling, training and employment, and planning for the future
“The support officer visited regularly and made us feel more confident about the challenges ahead. It has made a real difference to our lives and we cannot thank the service enough”
To find out more or to make a referral to the Living Well Team:
Please call (01983) 525282 and ask for the Living Well Team, email us using the button to the right