What is Social Prescribing?
We know that taking care of your health involves more than just medicine. In fact, sometimes, a medical prescription is not the answer and there are better ways of improving your physical and mental health and wellbeing.
People visit their GP's for a range of different reasons and sometimes these issues can be caused by underlying non-medical matters such as loneliness, anxiety, unemployment, illness or debt.
Social Prescribing helps you to explore extra, local services that can provide practical or emotional support and guidance of a non- medical nature.
Our team of friendly Social Prescribers from the Age UK Isle of Wight Living Well service can give you time and support to...
- Explore how you can make positive changes to your personal health and wellbeing.
- Identify and link you into local activities and services that you can benefit from.
- Assist and encourage you to develop personal goals and take practical steps focused on what matters to you.
What type of support is provided?
Addressing difficult issues needs extra time and suport. Our Social Prescribers are experienced professionals, who are up to date on what's happening in your local area. They can explore with you the kind of support and advice you need and can help you access that support.
That might include things like......
- Social Isolation.
- Health and lifestyle changes.
- Life changing events eg birth, retirement, bereavement.
- Improved confidence.
- Supporting independence.
- Mobility and equipment.
- Carer support.
- Getting out and about.
- Home adaptations/housing concerns.
- Money worries.
- Assessing work, training and volunteering.
Find out more
For more information on Social Prescribing please contact us on (01983) 525282 or email: email@example.com