The Brokerage Support Service run by People Matter IW offers help to people who need to put together a care and support package. We will work with you to identify the options that will meet your individual needs and to design a package to suit you. The service is free to both people who have a direct payment from the IW Council, and for those who pay for their own care.
We will work alongside you to create a fully-costed support plan and, if requested, help you to negotiate with providers to put that care in place. We will then review the plan to ensure it is working for you or discuss and help to implement changes if needed.
We put you at the centre of choosing your own care and support, giving independent and impartial advice and guidance. In this way, you can take control and choose how your personal budget is spent.
Our service includes:
- Information, advice and guidance about all types of care, including the employment of a personal assistant
- Clear information about options and costs, provided in a way you understand, including easy-read and braille
- Advice and guidance for both clients and carers
- Empowerment of clients to achieve their goals
- Support for both publicly funded and self-funding clients
- Identification of cost-effective solutions
As well as the above the Learning Disability Support Officer, based at People Matter IW, offers help to people with learning disabilities with their housing choices.
- Living with family but looking to move out and become more independent?
- In residential care but considering supported living?
- Not clear about housing choices on the Island?
We can give you free, independent and impartial advice and guidance. We will put you at the centre of your housing choice for your future.
We can give you up-to-date information about places to live. We can help you plan a housing and support package. Your family or anyone else who supports you, can be part of the planning if you choose. We can review the process to make sure it is working for you.
To find out more or to make a referral:
Please call (01983) 525282 and ask for the Living Well Team, they will put you in touch with the most appropriate service for your needs.
Or email: email@example.com
The Living Well Brokerage Support Service is run by People Matter IW
People Matter Registered Charity Number. 1150937