Our Safe At Home project provides support to people who, due to health reasons or their living conditions, are at risk of falling within their homes.
The service aims to:
- Reduce the risk of falls in the home
- Reduce the risk of harm from other hazards in the home
- Improve the health and wellbeing of the person
What can we do?
- Arrange a home visit to carry out an individual assessment
- Identify any hazards
- Recommend the equipment or repairs necessary to improve safety within your home
- Provide information and advice on healthy living and reducing risk of falling
- Arrange for small repairs to be carried out or aids fitted
Our team of volunteers support our Safe At Home Coordinator with some of the small DIY tasks and can help you to clear clutter to minimise the risk of falling. Simple tasks like rerouting wires or clearing magazines and newspapers left on the floor could prevent a nasty fall and its consequences.
The service is free of charge, but you may need to pay for some of the equipment if you are not entitled to get it free from the Occupational Therapy services.
If you think could benefit from this service please contact Sharlene Glover on 020 8969 9105 or email email@example.com.