Getting older may mean that previously simple tasks like hanging a picture, taking your curtains down or changing a light bulb can become more difficult. Our Practical Help service is here to help!
Who is the service for?
You are eligible for help from our Practical Help service if you:
- Are over the age of 55
- Live in the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea
- Need some help with little tasks around the house which you are unable to do yourself
Which jobs can our Practical Help volunteers help with?
- Fitting spyholes and door chains on your front door (people who live in sheltered accommodation will need to ask for permission from the housing provider before fitting a door chain)
- Hanging mirrors and pictures
- Fixing hinges in cabinets or cupboards
- Fitting curtain rails on the wall
- Taking down your curtains and putting them back again after they have been washed
- Putting up shelves
- Assembling flat pack furniture
- Moving light pieces of furniture
- Simple draught proofing of doors and windows
- Packing or unpacking if you are moving
- Replacing lightbulbs and fuses
If you would like help from our Practical Help service, or for more information, contact Tasio Cabello on 020 8969 9105 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This service is free of charge, however donations are always welcome. If you would like to find out more about ways to donate, please click here.
Please note that unfortunately we cannot help with any jobs which involve electricity (other than changing lightbulbs and fuses), plumbing, decoration, fitting carpets, carpentry or locks. If you need these services, the Age UK London Business Directory contains details of trusted traders in your area.