Location: Lancaster Royal Infirmary covering Lancaster & area.
Salary: Scale 2 pt. 12 -£15,190pa (pro rata part time-£9,118.20 pa-£8.35ph)
Hours: 21hrs per week, working on a flexible rota basis.
Working on a 2 week rota as follows:
21hrs-Week 1 to be 18hrs/week. Week 2 to be 24hrs/week. inclusive of Weekends & Bank Holidays ( additional payment for BH’s)
There will be opportunities to work additional hours to cover for sickness and holidays if desired.
Nobody wants to stay in hospital for longer than they need to and the current pressure on the NHS to discharge patients as soon as they are medically fit is considerable.
Age UK Lancashire is the leader in delivering Hospital Aftercare services across the whole of Lancashire! In providing this service, we are able to:
- Take patients home directly from the hospital and settle them back at home.
- Provide support for up to 6 weeks, supporting older people to remain independent.
We now have an exciting opportunity to increase delivery of the service across Lancaster and the surrounding area.
We require Hospital Aftercare support workers to be based at Lancaster Royal Infirmary and across the Community to support patients in Lancaster and the surrounding area by taking them home following their discharge from hospital, ensuring they are safely settled back in their homes and to provide extended support where required.
The successful applicant must have:
- Experience/knowledge of working with vulnerable people aged 18+
- An ability to provide a person centred approach, promoting independence at all times
- The ability to work well within a team and able to use own initiative
- The ability to communicate effectively with a range of people
- A flexible approach to a variety of duties
- A Full Driving Licence, appropriate Insurance cover & a suitable car.
Please note there is no personal care within this role.
- Travel expenses paid for all work related journeys up to 10,000 miles @ 45p/mile.
- Double time for Bank Holidays.
- All eligible employees will be entitled to enrol onto Age UK Lancashire NEST pension schem
This is a hugely rewarding role for the right person. The successful applicant will be working as a part of a team that provides invaluable support to older people in the community after being discharged from hospital.
The post has been funded until 30/4/2020.
POSITION NOW CLOSED
An application pack can be downloaded below. Alternatively please contact Carolyn Stirling on 01253 783716 email email@example.com