POSITION NOW CLOSED
Location: One of Age UK Lancashire’s offices plus some home working
Salary: £20371 FTE rising to £21002 FTE after completion of probationary period
Hours: 21hrs per week – days/hours, to be agreed with successful candidate
Term: 12 month contract
Age UK Lancashire are delighted to recruit a new role to support Older Veterans in reducing social isolation. The Older Veterans Outreach Worker will identify Veterans in Lancashire who may benefit from opportunities to socialise, learn or relearn skills, and take part in fun activities.
Ultimately, the aim is to reduce social isolation and loneliness, and to support people to remain independent for as long as possible.
As Outreach Worker you will be responsible for:
- Identifying Veterans who are socially isolated
- Assessing their needs at home or in a community venue
- Connecting Veterans to local Day Centres, arranging Taster Days
- Arranging transport and addressing barriers which might prevent accessing services
- Promoting the service and generating referrals
- Establishing and maintaining effective referral pathways from appropriate agencies, networks and communities
- Working with Carers and families of Veteran
Is this you?
- Willingness to travel and work independently. Have own vehicle and driving licence.
- Understanding of military/veteran lifestyle and their needs
- Experience of working with older peopleAble to act on own initiative and be a self-starter
- Excellent communication skills
The full job pack can be downloaded below:
Completed application forms emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 7th June 2021
Interview date: 10th June 2021
The nature of the post will require travel across the area. A full driving licence, appropriate insurance cover and use of a car are essential.
DBS: This post is eligible for an enhanced DBS check and all the associated costs will be met by the employee. The cost for the DBS check is £40 plus an additional administration charge of £5.50 totalling £45.50. This amount will be deducted from an employees first salary with Age UK Lancashire.
Age UK Lancashire are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and members of staff are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Please complete the attached form to allow us to monitor our applicant and staff diversity.