POSITION NOW CLOSED
Location: Operational between Burnley General & Royal Blackburn hospitals.
Salary: Scale 3 pt.15 £16,215 per annum pro rata. £8.91ph.
Hours: 21hrs per week working on a flexible rota basis between the hours of 9:00am-8:00pm Monday-Sunday including bank holidays.
Nobody wants to stay in hospital for longer than they need to and the current pressure on the NHS to discharge patients as soon as they are medically fit is considerable.
Age UK Lancashire can provide essential support to patients who have been discharged and is the leader in delivering Hospital Aftercare services across the whole of Lancashire. In providing this service, we are able to:
- Take patients home directly from the hospital and settle them back at home.
- Provide continued support for up to 6 weeks, supporting older people to remain independent.
We now have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Hospital Aftercare support worker who will be based at either Burnley General and Royal Blackburn Hospital. They will work across the Community to support patients in the Pennine area by taking them home following their discharge from hospital, ensuring they are safely settled back in their homes and to provide extended support where required.
The successful applicant must have:
- Experience/knowledge of working with vulnerable or older people
- An ability to provide a person centred approach, promoting independence at all times
- The ability to work well within a team and able to use their own initiative
- The ability to communicate effectively across a wide range of people
- Able to manage a busy workload, keeping accurate records and assessments
- A Full Driving Licence, appropriate Insurance cover and a suitable car.
This is a hugely rewarding role for the right person. The successful applicants will be working as a part of a team that provides invaluable support to vulnerable or older people in the community after being discharged from hospital.
The post has been funded until 31/3/2020 with the possibility of an extension after this date.
Please note there is no personal care within this role.
- Travel expenses will be paid for all work related journeys. The current rates are 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles per year and 25p per mile thereafter. Any parking costs at Blackburn Royal hospital reimbursed.
- Bank Holidays paid at double time.
- All eligible employees will be entitled to enrol onto Age UK Lancashire NEST pension scheme
More information and an application form can be downloaded below:
Alternatively please email email@example.com or ring Carolyn on 01253 783716