Location: White Cross Lancaster
Salary: £22,310 rising to £23,000 after completion of a probation period.
Hours: 35hrs per week including some weekend & bank holidays.
“Are you looking for a role that is varied and challenging, where you have the
potential to make and improve the lives of vulnerable people”
If so, we now recruiting a Hospital Aftercare Service Coordinator who will be
based at our Lancaster Office.
Nobody wants to stay in hospital for longer than they need to and the current
pressure on the NHS to discharge patients as soon as they are medically fit is
considerable. Our service supports hospital discharges across the Lancashire
area for anyone over 18 years old or who may have suffered a period of illness
that has affected their independence. In providing this service, we can:
• Take patients home directly from the hospital, help them settle in and
make them feel safe.
• Provide continued support to clients for up to six weeks to help them
retain or regain their independence.
We work closely health and social care professionals and a range of other
agencies to encourage clients to access services that will improve their
The successful applicant should have:
• Experience of supervising staff
• Experience/knowledge of working with vulnerable or older people
• An ability to provide a person-centred approach, always promoting
• The ability to work well within a team and able to use their own initiative
• The ability to communicate effectively across a wide range of people
• Able to manage a busy workload, keeping accurate records and
• A full driving Licence, appropriate Insurance cover and a suitable car for use in your role.
This is a hugely rewarding role for the right person. If you are passionate about
making a difference and have empathy towards others, then we would love to
hear from you. We know you will understand why we want to make sure we get
the right person with the right key requirements - skills, experience, attributes,
and abilities to join our team, so is important that you tell us about it on your
Please note there is no personal care within this role.
- Full training and comprehensive induction while being paid.
- Access to Employee assistance programme.
- Pension scheme
- Paid annual leave.
- Travel expenses.
- Staff discount card for hundreds of High street shops and online
- Travel expenses will be paid for all journeys required for work, excluding travel
from home to base.
- Hospital metered parking will also be paid for costs
incurred carrying out your role.
The nature of the post will require travel across the area. A full driving licence,
appropriate insurance cover and use of a car is essential.
If you want to Know more about this job before applying then please contact Tony
Baxter on 0775060226 for an informal chat.
The full job pack can be downloaded below: Alternatively please email email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 8th August 2022