Location: Blackpool Victoria Hospital covering Fylde & Wyre
Salary: Scale 3 pt.15 £16,215pa pro rata - £8.91ph
Hours:21hrs per week working on a flexible rota basis Monday-Saturday including bank holidays. The current rota covers every other Saturday.
Nobody wants to stay in hospital for longer than they need to and the current pressure on the NHS to discharge patients as soon as they are medically fit is considerable.
Age UK Lancashire can provide essential support to patients who have been discharged and is the leader in delivering Hospital Aftercare services across the whole of Lancashire. In providing this service, we are able to:
- Take patients home directly from the hospital and settle them back at home.
- Provide continued support for up to 6 weeks, supporting older people to remain independent.
We now have an exciting opportunity to recruit a Hospital Aftercare support worker who will be based at Blackpool Victoria Hospital. They will work across the community to support patients across Fylde and Wyre by taking them home following their discharge from hospital, ensuring they are safely settled back in their homes and to provide extended support where required.
The successful applicant must have:
- Experience/knowledge of working with vulnerable or older people
- An ability to provide a person centred approach, promoting independence at all times
- The ability to work well within a team and able to use their own initiative
- The ability to communicate effectively across a wide range of people
- Able to manage a busy workload, keeping accurate records and assessments
- A full Driving Licence, appropriate Insurance cover and a suitable car.
This is a hugely rewarding role for the right person. The successful applicant will be working as a part of a team that provides invaluable support to vulnerable or older people in the community after being discharged from hospital.
The post has been funded until 30/4/2020. (with the possiblilty of an extension after this date).
Please note there is no personal care within this role
- Travel expenses will be paid for all work related journeys. The current rates are 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles per year and 25p per mile thereafter. Any parking costs at Blackpool Victoria hospital will be reimbursed.
- Bank Holidays paid at double time.
- All eligible employees will be entitled to enrol onto Age UK Lancashire NEST pension scheme
Closing Date: 10.00am Monday 11th November 2019
Interview date: TBA
Further information and an application form can be downloaded below.
Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring Carolyn on 01253 783716