Salary: £22,310 rising to £23,000 (FTE) (on successful completion of probationary period.)
Hours: 24.5hrs per week to include some weekends and bank holidays.
Are you looking for a role that is varied and rewarding, where you have the potential to make and improve the lives of vulnerable people”
If so, we now have an opportunity to recruit a part time Hospital Aftercare Service Coordinator who will be based at Royal Preston or Chorley General hospital.
Nobody wants to stay in hospital for longer than they need to and the current pressure on the NHS to discharge patients as soon as they are medically fit is considerable. Our service supports hospital discharges across the Central Lancashire area for anyone over 18 years old or who may have suffered a period of illness that has affected their independence. In providing this service, we are able to:
- Take patients home directly from the hospital, help them settle in and make them feel safe.
- Provide continued support to clients for up to six weeks to help them retain or regain their independence.
We work closely health and social care professionals and a range of other agencies to encourage clients to access services that will improve their outcomes.
The successful applicant should have:
- Experience of supervising staff
- Experience/knowledge of working with vulnerable or older people
- An ability to provide a person-centred approach, promoting independence at all times
- The ability to work well within a team and able to use their own initiative
- The ability to communicate effectively across a wide range of people
- Able to manage a busy workload, keeping accurate records and assessments
- A full driving Licence, appropriate Insurance cover and a suitable car.
This is a hugely rewarding role for the right person. If you are passionate about making a difference and have empathy towards others, then we would love to hear from you. We know you will understand why we want to make sure we get the right person with the right key requirements - skills, experience, attributes and abilities to join our team, so is important that you tell us about it on your application form.
Please note there is no personal care within this role.
Early applications welcome, with immediate start pending DBS checks & references
- Full training and comprehensive induction while being paid.
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme.
- 25 days paid Annual Leave + Bank Holidays.
- Staff Discount Card.
- Travel expenses will be paid for all work-related journeys. The current rates are 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles per year and 25p per mile thereafter.
- Bank Holidays paid at double time.
- All eligible employees will be entitled to enrol onto Age UK Lancashire NEST pension scheme
Age UK Lancashire value the safety of our clients and colleagues. When submitting your application to join us, please note that while consultation with the Health & Social Care sector regarding COVID19 vaccines continues, we may ask you to voluntarily provide evidence of COVID19 Vaccination status if appointed to role.
Closing Date: Monday 18th July 2022 (Early applications welcome)
Further information and application form can be downloaded below.
Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org