Location: Royal Blackburn Hospital/Burnley General Hospital
Salary: £17,830pa (FTE) rising to £18,382pa on successful
completion of a probationary period
Hours: 21hrs per week
working on a flexible rota including some weekends and bank holidays.
Are you looking for a role that is varied and challenging, where you have the potential to make a real difference to and improve the lives of vulnerable people?
Due to an increasing demand we are expanding our team and looking to recruit a Wellbeing Worker to support the existing team.
Our service supports hospital discharges across the Pennine area for anyone over 18 years old or who may have suffered a period of illness that has affected their independence after a hospital stay. in providing this service we are able to:
- Take patients home directly from the hospital, help them settle in, ensuring they have everything they need to remain at home.
- Provide continued support to clients for up to 6 weeks to help them retain or regain their independence.
We work closely with health and social care professionals and a range of other agencies to encourage clients to access services that will improve their health and wellbeing.
The successful applicant should have:
- Experience/knowledge of working with vulnerable or older people
- An ability to provide a person centred approach, promoting independence at all times
- The ability to work well within a team.
- The ability to communicate effectively across a wide range of people
- Able to manage their own workload and to use their own initiative.
- The ability to carry out assessments and keep accurate records.
- A full driving Licence, appropriate Insurance cover and a suitable car.
This is a hugely rewarding role for the right person. If you are passionate about making a difference and have empathy towards others, then we would love to hear from you. We know you will understand why we want to make sure we get the right person with the right key requirements-skills, experience, attributes and abilities to join our team, so it is important that you tell us about it on your application form.
Full training will be provided.
Please note there is no personal care within this role.
This post has been funded until 31/03/23
- Travel expenses will be paid for all work related journeys. The current rates are 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles per year and 25p per mile thereafter.
- Bank Holidays paid at double time.
- All eligible employees will be entitled to enrol onto Age UK Lancashire NEST pension scheme.
Closing date: Monday 9th August 2021
Interview date: TBA
To apply for this position please complete an Age UK Lancashire application form which can be found below
.Alternatively, please email email@example.com
Equality & Diversity-Age UK Lancashire are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and members of staff are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
Please complete the attached form to allow us to monitor our applicant and staff diversity.
Equality & Diversity Form