Location: Blackburn or Burnley Hospital
Salary: £19,400pa (FTE) rising to £20,000pa (FTE) on successful completion of a probation period.
Hours: 1 post @ 21hrs per week
1 post @ 35hrs per week
(to include some weekends and bank holidays).
- Company Pension
- 25 days annual leave pro rata.
Due to internal promotion, we are excited to offer 2 posts – 1 post 21hrs and 1 other post 35hrs working on a 7-day rota between the hours of 9-8pm, including some weekends and Bank holidays.
Are you looking for a role that is varied and rewarding where you have the potential to make a difference to the lives of vulnerable people? If So we are looking for a Wellbeing Worker to support our existing team.
Our service supports hospital discharges across East Lancashire for anyone over 18 years old or who may have suffered a period of illness that has affected their independence after a hospital stay. In providing this service we are able to:
- Take patients home directly from the hospital, help them settle in, ensuring they have everything they need to remain at home.
- Provide continued support to clients for up to 6 weeks to help them retain or regain their independence.
We work closely with health and social care professionals and a range of other agencies to encourage clients to access services to improve their health and wellbeing.
The successful applicant should have:
- Experience/knowledge of working with vulnerable or older people.
- An ability to provide a person-centred approach, always promoting independence.
- The ability to work well within a team.
- The ability to communicate effectively across a wide range of people.
- Able to manage their own workload and to use their own initiative.
- The ability to carry out assessments and keep accurate records.
- A full driving Licence, appropriate Insurance cover and a suitable car.
This is a hugely rewarding role for the right person. If you are passionate about making a difference and have empathy towards others, then we would love to hear from you. We know you will understand why we want to make sure we get the right person with the skills, experience, and attributes to join our team, so it is important that you tell us about it on your application form.
Full training will be provided to the successful candidate.
Please note there is no personal care within this role.
- Travel expenses will be paid for all work-related journeys. The current rates are 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles per year and 25p per mile thereafter.
- Bank Holidays paid at double time.
- All eligible employees will be entitled to enrol onto Age UK Lancashire NEST pension scheme.
Age UK Lancashire value the safety of our clients and colleagues. When submitting your application to join us, please note that while consultation with the Health & Social Care sector regarding COVID19 vaccines continues, we may ask you to voluntarily provide evidence of COVID19 Vaccination status if appointed to role.
Closing date: Monday 11th July 2022 (Early applications welcome)
Please state on your application form how many hours you are applying for.
More information and an application form can be downloaded below.
Alternatively, please email email@example.com
Equality & Diversity-Age UK Lancashire are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and members of staff are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Please complete the attached form to allow us to monitor our applicant and staff diversity.
Please complete the below form to allow us to monitor our applicant and staff diversity.