Location:Royal Lancaster Infirmary
Salary: £17,830pa rising to £18,382pa pro rata on successful completion of a probationary period
Hours: 21hrs worked on a flexible two week rota.
Week one: 18hrs. Week two: 24hrs. including some weekends & bank holidays.
Age UK Lancashire is the leading provider for Hospital Aftercare Services across Lancashire providing support to anyone over the age of 18 following a long period of illness or a hospital stay.
Nobody wants to stay in hospital for longer than they need to and the current pressure on the NHS to discharge patients as soon as they are medically fit is considerable.
Age UK Lancashire can provide essential support to patients who have been discharged from hospital. In providing this service, we are able to:
- Take patients home directly from the hospital and settle them back at home.
- Provide continued support for up to 6 weeks, supporting older people to remain independent.
We are to recruiting a Hospital Aftercare Wellbeing Worker who will be based at Royal Lancaster Infirmary. The successful candidate will work across the community to support patients residing in the Lancaster and Morecambe Bay area by taking them home following their discharge from hospital, ensuring that they are safely settled.back in their homes and to provide extended support where required.
The successful applicant should have:
- Experience/knowledge of working with vulnerable or older people
- An ability to provide a person centred approach, promoting independence at all times
- The ability to work well within a team and able to use their own initiative
- The ability to communicate effectively across a wide range of people
- Able to manage a busy workload, keeping accurate records and assessments
- A full driving Licence, appropriate Insurance cover and a suitable car.
This is a hugely rewarding role for the right person. The successful applicant will be working as a part of a team that provides invaluable support to vulnerable and/or older people in the community after being discharged from hospital.
Please note there is no personal care within this role.
- Travel expenses will be paid for all work related journeys. The current rates are 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles per year and 25p per mile thereafter.
- Bank Holidays paid at double time.
- All eligible employees will be entitled to enrol onto Age UK Lancashire NEST pension scheme.
Closing date: 10.00am Tuesday 1st June 2021
Interview date: TBA
To apply for this position please complete an Age UK Lancashire application form which can be found below
Alternatively, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Equality & Diversity-Age UK Lancashire are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and members of staff are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Please complete the attached form to allow us to monitor our applicant and staff diversity.
Equality & Diversity Questionnaire