POSITION NOW CLOSED
Location: Lancaster or potentially any Age UK Lancashire office
Salary: £19242 rising to £19838 FTE after 6 month probation period
Hours: 35hrs Mon-Fri – job share my be considered
Age UK Lancashire develops and delivers services for older people across Lancashire and Blackpool.
We offer person-centred, quality-assured Information, Advice and Signposting amongst a variety of other services to support older people to remain independent. Having access to services when needed, is essential for older people to retain their independence in later life.
We are seeking a solution-focussed, motivational candidate to join our team of staff and volunteers to supply high quality information provision via telephone, email and web-based solutions. Responsible for maximum effectivity of the service, ensuring agreed quality standards you will utilise your innovative approach to consider how to extend the reach of the service to meet the needs of older people across Lancashire. The successful applicant must have working knowledge of direct advice provision and welfare benefits assessments, a person-centred approach to service delivery and the ability to offer a non-judgemental approach to informing appropriate support measures. It would be beneficial for you to have previously worked within a quality framework.
The role will include:
- Working with the Information & Advice Service Manager in ensuring that the service provided is to the quality and expectations of Age UK Lancashire.
- Provide an information and advice service by
- Diagnosing enquiries so that the appropriate sources of help and information are identified to enable people to know more and do more about their situation.
- Carrying out welfare benefit checks.
- Offering support with applying for benefits, form filling, in particular Attendance Allowance
- Providing advice on housing & social care issues.
- Signposting and actively referring where appropriate.
- Relevant knowledge of local services and support.
- To support the recruitment, training and maintenance of volunteers
- To promote the service to older people, their carers, families and other community organisations
- Ensuring the service is provided to Age UK’s quality standards, and work within a quality framework in line with our current accreditation.
We are looking for someone who has:
Experience/knowledge of Health & Social Care issues
In depth knowledge of welfare benefits for older people.
Able to work as part of a team or to use initiative to work with minimal supervison
Excellent IT & communication skills
The nature of the post will require travel across the area. A full driving licence, appropriate insurance cover and use of a car are essential. Please note we do not accept CV's.
Closing Date for applications: 25th May 2021
Interviews are planned for: TBC
More information and an application form can be downloaded below. Alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Equality & Diversity-Age UK Lancashire are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and members of staff are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. Please complete the below form to allow us to monitor our applicant and staff diversity.