Skip to accessibility page
Close window
Display options

Set the appearance of this website so you can read it more easily

Text size




Complaints & suggestions

Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland is committed to providing high quality services so in the unfortunate event that something goes wrong, we want the opportunity to put things right.

We also want to know which things you think we do well and any suggestions for how we can improve services.


If you have a comment, suggestion or indeed a compliment, please let any member of our staff know. They will pass the information to the relevant person.


What to do next

In the event that you are unhappy with the level of service provided, please speak to the staff member concerned and they will be pleased to discuss this with you and try to resolve the problems or difficulties you may have at the earliest opportunity.


Your suggestion or complaint will be recorded to help us make our services more effective and efficient. However, if ths action has not resoled the matter of your satisfaction you are then able to contact the complaints officer who will investigate the matter further for you.


If after the investigation by the complaints officer you are still not satisfied you can ask for your complaint to be reviewed for a second time by another manager.


If you have exhausted the above three options and are still not satisfied with the conclusion reached about your complaint, you have the right for the decision to be reviewed by a complaints review portal.



What happens at a review

You will have the chance to tell a panel of three people, one of whom, will be independent of the organisation, about your complaint. The meeting will be as informal as possible.


At this stage you are allowed to be accompanied by a person who would need to be notified and agreed in advance with the panel.


The panel would hope to make a decision within seven working days of the meeting and write to you giving their reasons. The decision of the panel will be final.



Organisations Willing To Help You Use The Complaints service

Often many people who need to make a complaint may need to talk to someone independent about it. This may include to clarify details of the complaint or assistance with putting it in writing.


There are many organisations which can be contacted for help and support so please feel free to contact the complaints officer who can put you in touch with someone who can help you.


Contact details are as follows:


Complaints Officer

Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland

Lansdowne House

113 Princess Road East



Tel: (0116) 2046445




If you wish to compliment a member of staff or the organisation on any aspect of our services, you can write or speak to the Executive Director at:


Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland
Lansdowne House
113 Princess Road East


Phone: 0116 299 2233