Our charity shops sell good quality, pre-loved items at affordable prices and raise much needed funds in the process. If you have domestic items which you no longer need or use, please consider donating them at one of our shops or resource centres. We are delighted to accept most non-perishable items such as:
• Clothing, shoes and accessories such as belts, scarves, handbags and gloves
• Books, DVDs, vinyl and CDs
• Household items such as bed linen, cookware, crockery, glassware cutlery and ornaments
• Furniture including shelving, beds, desks, sofas, wardrobes, tables, chairs,
• Occasion wear (dinner suits, cocktail dresses, ball gowns, wedding dresses, bridesmaid and pageboy outfits)
For health and safety reasons we CANNOT accept donations of:
• Electrical items
• Food items
• Upholstered furniture without the manufacturer’s fire safety regulation labelling.
For larger items of furniture we can arrange collection in one of our liveried vans and can also undertake house clearances.
Find your local Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland shop
Arrange a furniture collection or house clearance
45 million old handsets are estimated to be unused in Britain and 15 million mobile phones are upgraded annually – equal to 1,500 tonnes of potentially hazardous landfill every year.
We can raise funds by recycling mobile phones which you would otherwise throw away… and alongside improving your environmental credentials, you will also be helping us to raise funds.
To recycle your old mobile phones please contact us at email@example.com or 0116 223 7344.