Filling in formsAge UK Leicester Shire & Rutland provide free independent and confidential information and advice to people over 50. 

We aim to provide practical help, advice and services for older people. As part of our commitment we can offer advice and suggest ways to solve difficulties or provide you with the details of people who may be able to help.

We can also focus attention on issues of importance to older people, making certain that your voice is heard.

Issues we can help you with

  • Welfare benefits
  • Housing and property
  • Money matters
  • Residential and nursing care
  • Leisure and social activities
  • Family and personal matters
  • Your rights
  • Local services
  • Other issues that affect your quality of life

You can access this service by contacting our Information and Advice helpline, Monday to Friday between 11am and 4pm. You can also email us with your query.

Information and Advice helpline: 0116 299 2278


We may be able to assist you in one telephone call, or we you may like to make an appointment to see one of our Advisors at Clarence House or at your home if you are housebound.

Information guides and factsheets

If you are looking for information online, our range of information guides and factsheets maybe of assistance to you. They are available on the Age UK website.

CalculatorBenefits advice

Many older people are not claiming the full range of allowances they are entitled to and that means that 20% of pensioners are still living in poverty. 

We recommend everyone should check their benefit eligibility every 12 months as circumstances often change. 

If you have details of your income and savings, you can check your entitlement to means tested benefits online using the Turn2us benefits calculator. You can also contact our Information and Advice helpline.

Become an information and advice volunteer

The information and advice department have a small group of volunteers who carry out home visits to older people around Leicestershire and Rutland to assist with the completion of allowance and benefit application forms.

Further information