Age UK Leicester Shire & Rutland's Minority Ethnic Services in Leicester are conducted from Catherine House – a vibrant multi-cultural resource centre for people over 50.
Catherine House is the venue for a range of social care services that meet the needs of Asian elders, including
- A Gujarat Wellbeing Group service
- A Punjabi Wellbeing Group service
- A lunch club for Muslim elders meeting three times a week and caters for up to 100 people
- A lunch club for a mixed group of Asian elders who meet three times a week and caters for up to 130 people
These services include transport to and from home to the centre, culturally-appropriate food, activities, social contact and outings.
In addition to these activities, a number of other educational, health and exercise classes are available at Catherine House. These activities include:
- 'Sit & Be Fit' Keep Fit Classes
- Indoor Bowling
- Sewing & Needlework
- Tai Chi
- Scrabble Group
- Arts & Crafts
- 'Drop In' Lunch Club
- Hall Hire is also available
Some of these services can only be accessed through the Social Care and Health Departments of Leicester City Council.
For further information about accessing specific services, please contact us at Catherine House using the details below.
2b Stoughton Drive North
Phone: 0116 249 8787