Gloucester House is a community centred building in the centre of Melton Mowbray, offering a range of services, predominately for the over 50’s but across the whole of the age spectrum. It provides facilities and support services for people with special life challenges and gives an opportunity for social interaction and fulfilment.
The building is safe, bright, welcoming and comfortable and the specially trained team of staff and volunteers place the care and well being of our guests and clients at the top of their priorities.
Wellbeing Group Services
Four different Wellbeing Groups are offered from Monday to Friday and each caters for people with specific needs. This varies from high dependency care to people requiring social contact and stimulation. Transport to and from the centre is arranged where necessary and meals are provided.
The centre is used on a daily basis for a variety of activities, which include:
• Tai Chi (Mondays at 11.30am)
• Evergreen group (Mondays from 1.00pm until 4.00pm)
• Coffee Shop (Tuesdays 9.00pm until 11.30pm)
• U3A Fitness group (Tuesdays 1.00pm until 2.00pm)
• Mature Movers fitness (Tuesdays 2.15pm until 3.15pm)
• Yoga (Tuesdays 6.00pm until 8.30pm)
• Knit and Natter (Wednesdays 1.30 - 12pm)
• Scrabble Club (Wednesday 1-3pm)
• Zumba Classes (Thursdays 6.30 - 7.30pm)
• Sequence Dancing (Thursdays/Saturdays 7.30pm until 10.30pm)
• Over 55s Drop in Group (Fridays 9.30 - 12pm)
• Table Tennis (Fridays 1.00pm until 4.00pm)
• Lunch Club (every 2nd Thursday of the month 11.30 - 1pm)
In addition the venue is used by other groups on an ad hoc basis and also hired out privately for family occasions.
Gloucester House is THE place for “senior” people in Melton to go to for advice, help and support with access to the whole range of information from the Age UK charity in Leicestershire, Rutland and nationally.
3 Norman Way
Phone: 01664 410 253