An Events Volunteer helps out at challenge and promotional events which raise funds and awareness for Age UK Lincoln & Kesteven – ensuring that all events are a success, fun and run smoothly.
What you will get out of it?
You’ll get to experience some of our biggest events, have fun and get to know new people in your community.
You’ll play a vital part in making sure all events are a success and that all participants and guests enjoy the day. You’ll also have the satisfaction of making a real difference to older people’s lives.
You don’t need any previous experience and your volunteering could include any of the following:
- Helping set up a cheer point at a race or sporting event; cheering on and congratulating participants, helping out at refreshment stands or post-event parties and generally supporting on the day
- Running Age UK Lincoln & Kesteven information stands at promotional events, conferences or local volunteer fairs. Plus helping with set-up, registration and offering a warm welcome to those attending.
- You could even organise your own event or set up an information stand at an event in your area. If you have any ideas for an event where you live, then please do get in touch.
The skills you need
- a friendly personality
- great communication skills
- the confidence to use your initiative
- a passion for improving support for carers
- flexibility and a willingness to 'muck in'
How we will support you
As well as giving you a full induction, two weeks before your event we will email you about what to expect on the day.
There will also be a face-to-face briefing when you arrive with all the information and support you’ll need to help make the day a success.
We will let you know in advance the time commitment required. You can take part in as many or as few events as you like. Events tend to take place during the day at weekends but we do occasional bag packs and open day events during the week.
How to apply
Email: Charlie.firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or complete the application form above.