We value diversity in all that we do. We recognise and welcome the diversity of older adults and their different needs, choices, cultures and values and the diversity of our volunteers, supporters and staff. We believe that it is only through working together that we can use our local, regional and national presence to the greatest effect.
Equal Opportunities statement
- Age UK Manchester recognises that certain individuals and groups in society suffer discrimination. Age UK Manchester, as an employer and as a service provider, is working to remove all forms of unfair discrimination, whether on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
- Age UK Manchester acknowledges its duty to ensure that it does not engage in direct or indirect discrimination in its own employment and management practices, in the services it provides and in its policies. In the course of its work it will oppose the practices of others where these conflict with this statement and the equal opportunities policies adopted by Age UK Manchester.
- Age UK Manchester will provide services and facilities which meet the accessibility needs of those who use them
- Age UK Manchester will ensure that written equal opportunities polices are developed for all aspects of its work and implement programmes of action to ensure such policy is put into practice.
- All Age UK Manchester’s employees and volunteers will be expected to adhere to the organisation's equal opportunities policy in the course of their work with, or on behalf of Age UK Manchester.