Building Better Opportunities supports people who are currently unemployed or economically inactive to find work.
What does the service offer?
We aim to move you nearer to work - either paid employment or self-employment. You may wish to undertake further education or training, gain qualifications or improve your Basic Skills in English and/or numeracy. We may be able to fund the training that will help you gain work.
- career guidance and CV writing
- help with job search
- interview skills and mock interviews
- support for people who need help developing their IT skills, workshops and one-to-one coaching
Age UK Milton Keynes may be able to provide work experience opportunities and coaching for people considering roles in retail and catering.
Who is it for?
- People aged 50 or over and carers aged 16 or over.
- As well as working in Milton Keynes we are also delivering a programme of support in Aylesbury, Bicester and Banbury.
How do I access the service?
Please call Sue Sapwell on 01908 550700 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or come and speak to an adviser and find out more about the help that is available:
- Wednesday 10.00am - 1.00pm at the Spotlight Centre, 114 Serpentine Court, Lakes Estate.
- Wednesday 2.00 - 5.00pm at the Peartree Centre, 1 Chadds Lane, Peartree Bridge, Milton Keynes MK6 3EB.
- Friday 9.30am - 12.30pm at the Old Bath House & Community Centre, Stratford Road, Wolverton MK12 5LY.