Legacies and In Memoriam. Please Remember Age UK Norfolk In Your Will.
We rely on donations, particularly legacies, to continue providing our free-of-charge services. These include our information, advice and advocacy services, telephone befriending and dementia services.
After taking care of your loved ones, please consider leaving a gift to Age UK Norfolk in your will. All funds we raise benefit older people in Norfolk and all gifts in wills are vital to us, regardless of size.
We would be delighted if you feel able to support us by leaving a gift but we recognise that it is your choice. We have in place a Legacy Promise and you can be assured that if you plan to leave us a gift or are considering doing so, we promise you:
• We understand that your family and loved ones come first.
• We respect your privacy and will not ask about your decision, the size or type of your gift.
• We do not expect you to tell us if you have left a gift.
• We will keep you in touch with our activities in the way that you request or not at all if this is your preference.
• We will use your gift wisely and cost effectively, so that it has the greatest impact for older people and their carers in Norfolk.
• We recognise that you have the right to change your will at any time.
If you would like to talk to someone about leaving a legacy or a substantial donation to Age UK Norfolk, please contact Helen Chapman, Fundraising Relationships & Events Manager, on 01603 787 111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We always recommend that you consult a Solicitor when drawing up your will.
There is helpful information on the official Government website about "Making a Will".
Thank you very much indeed.
Have you heard of Legacy10?
The Legacy10 campaign aims to take advantage of the change in inheritance tax rules to increase the number of people leaving money to charitable causes in their will.
From April this year, anyone leaving a minimum of 10% of their taxable estate to charity will qualify for a reduced rate of inheritance tax.
For more information and an online calculator to find out how this could affect you please visit the Legacy10 website.
In Memoriam and Funeral Directors
Pay tribute to the life of a much loved relative or friend - make a donation to Age UK Norfolk instead of, or as well as, flowers at a funeral.
If you'd like some of our funeral collection donation envelopes please let us know by contacting 01603 787111 or email email@example.com