Our Carers Sitting Service helps people who care for an older person who lives with them.
We are now providing this service to clients where they would like the service and it is safe for us to provide it. Please get in touch if you are interested, as we are now able to accept new clients.
What does the service offer?
- a carer to sit with your loved one, enabling you to take a break.
- the chance to talk to someone who understands and who will listen to you, offering support in your caring role.
- information on matters which may concern you as a carer, for example, benefits and allowances, aids and adaptations. We can provide information and advice on what other services and support you could access locally and nationally, including the chance to benefit from the experiences of others and we can signpost you to carers groups across the county.
Who is it for?
People who care for an older person who lives with them in Northamptonshire. Our trained Carers can assist our clients with toileting as long as it does not entail Physical Manual Handling.
The service is available from 9am to 9.30pm, Monday to Friday.
How much does it cost?
We carry out a home assessment.
- £14 per hour
Please call us on 01604 611200 or email: email@example.com
Changes to our charges
- From 11/8/21 all new clients pay £14 per hour for the service.
- From 1st October 2021 the cost of the Carers Sitting Service for existing clients will increase to £14 per hour and the "package" system we currently operate will cease. We hope that the new pricing structure will mean the service will be better suited to clients' needs.