A friendly face to visit you safely in your home
We are offering support and good company to some of the most isolated and vulnerable older people in our community. Some people do not feel ready to attend a day centre so we can provide a similar service in your home.
What does the service offer?
- a friendly, caring person who will stay for a chat, providing company and the support that is appropriate for them
- we can do a jigsaw puzzle together or potter in the greenhouse or look through family photo albums and reminisce about happy times
- no personal care is provided but we can prepare a light lunch or wash a client's hands and apply nail varnish, if that is something they would enjoy
- please be assured that we are continuing to take sensible measures and doing all we can to keep our clients safe.
Who is it for?
- older people living in Northamptonshire
- available Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm
- Some of our clients do not feel ready to attend a day centre but would benefit from a bit of company or need support to help them stay safe at home. A regular visit from our friendly staff can have a hugely positive effect on an older person's wellbeing. Please call us to discuss what would suit you or your family member. We are flexible and try to provide the service that fits your needs.
How much does it cost?
- £16 per hour
- sign up for a regular visit, weekly or fortnightly, it's up to you
- the service is not limited to one hour
Please call us on 01604 604500
or email: email@example.com
Debbie visits 92-year-old Les every week.
Debbie's visit usually coincides with Les' Sainsbury's food delivery (ordered online by his granddaughter who lives near Bournemouth). Les does the unpacking and puts things away; Debbie makes sure the chilled items go in the fridge and checks the use-by dates of items already in there.
Get in touch
This is a new service for us and we are hoping to increase the number of older people we can support in the county. We have a small team, so the same person would visit each week. It may be that you wish someone to visit three times a week or more. It is up to you, we will do our best to provide the service you need.