A friendly face to visit you safely in your home
The restrictions imposed because of the coronavirus mean that we cannot welcome everyone back to our day centres just yet. We are offering a service which provides support and company to some of the most isolated and vulnerable older people in our community.
What does the service offer?
- a friendly, caring person who will stay for a chat, providing company and the support that is appropriate for them
- we can do a jigsaw puzzle together or potter in the greenhouse or look through family photo albums and reminisce about happy times
- no personal care is provided but we can prepare a light lunch or wash a client's hands and apply nail varnish, if that is something they would enjoy
- our staff will wear the appropriate ppe and observe social distancing rules where required
Who is it for?
- older people living in Northamptonshire
- available Monday to Friday 9.30am - 2.30pm
How much does it cost?
- £14 per hour
- sign up for a regular weekly or fortnightly visit
Please call us on 01604 604500
or email: email@example.com
Debbie visits 92-year-old Les every week.
Debbie's visit usually coincides with Les' Sainsbury's food delivery (ordered online by his granddaughter who lives near Bournemouth). Les does the unpacking and puts things away; Debbie makes sure the chilled items go in the fridge and checks the use-by dates of items already in there.
Get in touch
This is a new service for us and we are hoping to increase the number of older people we can support in the county. We have a small team, so the same person would visit each week. It may be that you wish someone to visit three times a week or more. It is up to you, we will do our best to provide the service you need.